Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91 sami with a 1.3. Has been running well until I broke it. Installed a 44mm harley carb and EF pump. I ran it back and forth in the driveway yeasterday to to see how well everything worked then got stupid. I put it in 1st gear 2WD dumped the clutch making the 35 inch tires laying a black streak 15 foot long before I had to stop. Thats when I could not get it to go into any gear with the engine running {will grind}. I can turn the engine off put it in any gear depress the clutch and start the engine however it will continue to move. It does the same in 4WD. The wife is not happy with me at all. I am thinking that the throw out bearing is hung up or a bad pilot bearing. This was all replaced a year ago and has been driven very little. It has been sitting a little while we have been rebuilding it. Any help would be great!

·
Super Moderator
12,257 Posts
It sounds like the clutch is not disengaging - you'll need to drop the transmission and find what you damage - I seriously doubt it'll be as simple as a bearing.

·
Registered
293 Posts
How old is your clutch cable as this is the classic symptoms of a bad cable? Maybe try readjusting it as maybe it has stretched just enough that it is not fully releasing. Could be just a coincidence that the cable went bad at the same time that you were hotrodding it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How old is your clutch cable as this is the classic symptoms of a bad cable? Maybe try readjusting it as maybe it has stretched just enough that it is not fully releasing. Could be just a coincidence that the cable went bad at the same time that you were hotrodding it.
I do not know how old it is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do not hink its a bearing after all. I started the sami up cold and all worked fine as normal. However after it warms up I continue to have the same problem until it cools downs. This leads me to belive that the clutch is dragging the flywheel creating friction making it lock up. This has to be a cable problem or still possible bearing. Any thoughts.

·
Super Moderator
12,257 Posts
Recognise one important thing - this is unlikely to be a "normal" failure - this is not normal wear & tear - you know how this came about - a clutch dump puts excessive loads on the drive train, a clutch dump with 35" tires increases that loading.

I'm guessing and my guess is you have twisted something (although wrung is the term we would use), possibly the input shaft, hopefully nothing more than the center of the clutch disk.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts