Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 91 geo tracker that sounded like it had a misfire. so i looked up on the site and found info about the EGR valve. cleaned it out. checked plugs look real dark and charcoal carbon looking so i changed them. i took on its first test drive since ive fixed the timing, and cleaned the EGR valve and changed the plugs. it stalls on acceleration. it idles fine but when gas pedal is pressed engine bogs down and almost dies or sometimes dies out. then i gives a hard start. it did it to me yesterday and now it wont start.

THINGS IVE DONE!!!

ive cleaned my egr valve was blocked really bad
changed my plugs previous ones where charcoal black and carbon
after test drive the 1,2, and 4 plugs where whitish gray at the tips, the #3 plug was charcoal black carbon looking
none of the plugs were wet when i got back home and checked them.
tried the jumper connector didnt get no code not even a 12
switched the nag switch (nothing) all it does is illuminate the CEL or dims it.
checked oil level and its passed the level by maybe a 1/4 " or more
smells like gas in it.
took off the conector to the injector and attached a noid light to it ( the one with the single cable) and it didnt flash when i turned the key

really frustrated with this vehicle and just trying to get it up and running.

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
10,255 Posts
The noid light will only flash if the ECU sees spark...

Have you considered removing the pre-CAT O2 sensor to relieve the exhaust back pressure.... see if it make a difference!

.... Philip

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i havent. do i remove it and then replace it? ive noticed the exhaust smoking right where the double pipefrom the header joins to one pipe going towards the rear of the tracker. mechanic said it could be clogged.

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
10,255 Posts
no i havent. do i remove it and then replace it? ive noticed the exhaust smoking right where the double pipefrom the header joins to one pipe going towards the rear of the tracker. mechanic said it could be clogged.
Remove the O2, run the engine (yes it will be noisy) if it cures the condition, the CAT/exhaust is collapsed, requires replacement..

..... Philip

1 - 4 of 4 Posts