Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, I have a 90 samurai that had a noisy transfercase in 4wd. I'm building this samurai and decided to rebuild it with a 6.5 transfercase gear kit. (i will try and giva all details so you know whats been going on) first the shifter sheet was gone- just small pieces and mush so i cleaned it out. I took out all bolts etc needed to take it apart in cluding speed gear (metal ball) and the detent bolt/spring and ball. my problem started when i started pulling the main case halfsapart when the shift yoke fork stopped half way out and wouldnt come out the case. I had to pull all the gears out with it. I thought it would just come right out. anything i've read or videos i've seen show it come out the case with ease but, not mine. It is stuck half way and would not go back in or out. I tried tapping on it with a brass hammer but that just made it worse now there is no play in it. Guessing something is stuck or? please help as i dont have a clue what to do and am afraid to hit it to hard and break somethinmg. If anyone knows where to go from here please help. Just a fyi. i already pulled all the grears and changed them put bearings back on etc now i just need to put it back together but cant. :(

·
Registered
278 Posts
Sounds like you have a jammed détente ball. Try turning the fork shift shaft side to side to reset the détente in its recess. then turn the shaft 180 wile trying to remove it. Boxcar

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I just kept messing with is took me 2 days (on and off) trying not to break the case. When i finally got it out i found a chunk of the case shaving (from when they made the case) somehow was in with the shaft and when i tried to pull it out it lodged in one of the groves. Locked it up os i couldnt get the shaft out- Just glad i got it out and back together.:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts