Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently deciding whether or not I should buy a Jimny & was wondering if I could get some of your assistance on a few things?

Seen them for sale for £8k new and apparently unreg'd here and here - do i have any hope in hell of getting this sort of price at a dealer?

I spotted these alloys, and was wondering if they would actually fit, and if so, what size tyres to pick up? Next on my list was wheel spacers - anyone have any thoughts (size, best places to buy, other considerations etc.)..

Ooh, and exhausts - has anyone ever fitted a sporter sounding exhaust?

I know the speedo would need recalibrating as a minimum, and that the tyres will most likely extend beyond the arch etc but hey, these things happen!

Sorry to be a pest, particularly on my first post.

Thanks guys...

·
Registered
10 Posts
i think a sporty sounding muffler for a jimny would suck.

In my country a sporty sounding muffler is a standard feature on a Taxi cab.

:nahrung034:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have to agree, don't waste your money on "Chavving" up a Jimny.
Unless you're going to put in a Vitara 2.5 v6 and vitara diffs and gear box it is NEVER going to be a fast car!

As standard you get 15'' 205's.
So i'd assume 17'' would be 235, 245???
They'll go beyond your arches for a kick off. Wheel spaces are on ebay £30-ish. 35mm spaces. Again go even further beyond the arches. If you put spacers on, you'll need to buy stronger wheel studs are the standard ones are **** and don't look like they'll cope with any more stress. Also reports from people with spacers are that it'll drink the juice.

At the moment around town, i'm getting around 200miles on £30 of juice. That's not driving super sensible, but by no means ragging it. When i rag it i' down to 16miles to the gallon!!!!

With the car not having an electric fan (it's belt driven), it always sounds like a vaccum, so a vaccum with a 6inch pipe on the back...NO!!!! Pipes are VERY expensive for jimny's atm. £100 for a standard back box (on the cheap)

Buy something else mate, it'll be cheaper, easier and won't look as crap!

Jonny

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm,

I wasn't after a monster exhaust, frankly because they are pointless and bugger the performance. I just wondered if there were backboxes to get a slighty more masculine note - but I guess not...

Not too bothered about economy tbh - the impreza that is getting sold due to the gatso fairies only gets about 20mpg on a 'normal' run to 'being able to watch the needle drop' on a more spritely journey. Before that I had a 1.4l Mini which only did about 10, due to the stupid carb, filter & exhaust.

Thanks for your help guys... Perhaps I should just get something else.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts