Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
im not too sure about the difference's in the cars but i now forsure that hp and torq. is the same even thou its a 16 valve. it does weigh a little more and the mpg's are not as good as a 8 valve on a tracker. but maybe jtgh can chime in on this for you.

·
Registered
56 Posts
i thought the 16v did have more power but when i did some research on google, it said that it had only 80hp and 94tq.....so im just going by what i found out. unless canada models have more power.....:confused: iono.

·
Registered
56 Posts
whats funny is i doubled checked it again and its saying the same thing....i think the site made an error and your probably right becuz i thought the 16v did have more powa!!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I read some where that the 8 valves had 80 HP (when new) and the 16 valves had 100 HP (when new). Can't remember where I read that. -Ed

·
Registered
178 Posts
I read some where that the 8 valves had 80 HP (when new) and the 16 valves had 100 HP (when new). Can't remember where I read that. -Ed
You're correct. The 16v has a different cylinder head with 8 more valves. The really big deal is the Aisin 4spd automatic in the 16v 4dr models. It's the same as the Isuzu pickups and Volvo sedans. It's a really excellent transmission, and with the 20 extra horsepower, makes a more snappy driving machine. The 4th speed is overdrive so the automatic cruises at about 6% lower RPMs than the standard or the 3sp automatic on the 2-dr models. It also has a toggle to upshift at higher rpms for more performance. There is quite a difference between the 8v machines and the 16v machines. Japanese 2 doors could be had with the 4spd automatic, but not the Canadian-made models. But the Jap models only came in right-hand drive.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
8V is 80bhp, 16V is 95bhp thats for 1.6 engines. The 1.3 16V is 100bhp but at much higher rpm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts