Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havent been on here in a bit cause ive been so busy but needing a little help?Ive got a stock 1.3 with a header,weber,and 2'' exhaust...in TN we are allowed like 233 on HC within the emissions testing...mine has failed twice with 1200+!!!! It is smoking a bit and im getting some blow back out of my valve cover breather.....Would this be enough to cause it to fail so bad or maybe my weber is out of adjustment???I cant get tags till I can get it to pass!!! Thanks..

·
Registered
293 Posts
Since we get tested every year, what were your HC readings last year? Just wondering if you were borderline last year.

Have you checked the usual things such as the valve lash adjustment, replaced the PCV and air filter recently, and checked the spark plugs to see if you are running rich on all your cylinders.Is it getting sufficiently warmed up before getting it tested.

Just throwing things out there since I have FI and not familiar with Webers. Still working PT at BPS?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do need to check those things..lol. How you been Haptown?Im still at pro..lol.
And yes,It was close last year.I run it on Briley all the way from work to the testing in Madison...but still failed...Never had it fail till now...

·
Registered
173 Posts
I don't know if this is scientific or what but last year my 88 zuk failed emissions (HC) and at the recommendation of another to put a can of "Guaranteed to Pass"
well i wanted to pass real bad so i filled the tank to about 3/4 with gasoline (high test) and then put in two cans of Heet and one can of guaranteed to pass and ran it for a full day around town. got up the next morning and made sure it got up to temperature and while waiting in line i kept it running so the catalytic converter would not cool...... It passed with flying colors and i quickly went and filled the tank with gas to dilute the very hot mixture. okay this might not be the best for the engine i agree but it did pass and now 6 months later it runs fine. I had no smoking out the pipe or blowby like you have so it's woth a try if you want
Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts