Suzuki Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts
That's not the number I was asking about, but at this point it doesn't matter - what you have is an SJ413 with a 1.3 liter G13a - assuming the engine you bought is a Suzuki G13a or G13ba - it should be a bolt in swap.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
That's not the number I was asking about, but at this point it doesn't matter - what you have is an SJ413 with a 1.3 liter G13a - assuming the engine you bought is a Suzuki G13a or G13ba - it should be a bolt in swap.
I was posting individual pictures since my phone would not do multiple. When the block blew it caked on oil everywhere I'm posting as I find numbers. The last number G13A-438726, 1324cm3 These are what I found so far

Thank you so much for all your help you guys are great.

I plan on trying to swap next weekend and want to make sure I have as many parts possible so that I can get it done while Ill have help. Just don't want any big surprises.

Okay, this was my dad's and he is a mechanic who consistently tells me it’s a 1.0 but he could wrong and that’s why I’m trying to figure all this out

the casting in the engine shows G13A...... Does this mean its a 1.3?
Dad's wrong, its a 1.3 with the Hitachi carb as Darrell says.

The last number G13A-438726, 1324cm3 These are what I found so far
Bolt in a new block and swap the manifolds over.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
I was posting individual pictures since my phone would not do multiple. When the block blew it caked on oil everywhere I'm posting as I find numbers. The last number G13A-438726, 1324cm3 These are what I found so far

Thank you so much for all your help you guys are great.

I plan on trying to swap next weekend and want to make sure I have as many parts possible so that I can get it done while Ill have help. Just don't want any big surprises.
Dad's wrong, its a 1.3 with the Hitachi carb as Darrell says.

Bolt in a new block and swap the manifolds over.
Thank you

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Could you guys help me again? Dad and I have installed the used motor. All started fine but had water in the oil. We took the head off and had it checked along with a valve job. Put it back together and now no spark.
The distributor rotor is turning, we have power to the coil, checked fuses, and still no spark.

What are your thoughts?

Check for spark at the coil - if you're not getting a spark there you most likely have an electrical issue, if you have a spark there but not at the plugs, the distributor is probably installed incorrectly.

Reactions: Syb
Discussion starter · #30 ·
Check for spark at the coil - if you're not getting a spark there you most likely have an electrical issue, if you have a spark there but not at the plugs, the distributor is probably installed incorrectly.
We have been checking the coil and that is where we have no spark. We have tried a second distributer from our old engine and still no spark. I'm assuming and hoping it something small we forgot to check.

Not familiar with the 1.3, but the dist must have an igniter, either capacitor/points or electronic, the common denominators would be power and a ground...

I'd be rechecking the wiring around the distributor/coil area - you have two distributors, both of which were known to be working prior to the engine swap & head removal, it's unlikely (but not impossible) for both to have failed.

Acks FAQ (google it if you need to) has the manuals & diagrams - try disconnecting the coil negative and then, very carefully, shorting it to ground, every time you break that ground connection, you should get a spark at the coil tower.

Discussion starter · #33 ·
I'd be rechecking the wiring around the distributor/coil area - you have two distributors, both of which were known to be working prior to the engine swap & head removal, it's unlikely (but not impossible) for both to have failed.

Acks FAQ (google it if you need to) has the manuals & diagrams - try disconnecting the coil negative and then, very carefully, shorting it to ground, every time you break that ground connection, you should get a spark at the coil tower.
Still at it trying to get a spark. We finally found a distributor out of Oregon and purchased a new coil. Still no spark. We have power to the distributor and the coil but no spark out from the coil. We checked new and old distributors, and coils and all seems fine. 12v on the positive side of the distributer and 9 volts on the negative side. Brown wire from the coil to the distributor in 9v. Fuses are all good
What else should we try?

9V on the negative side? where are you measuring?

9V would lead me to look for a break or high resistance on the ground side.. and of course with no ground, the capacitor/coil wont charge, and therefore no sparks..

I'm thinking the same, bad ground or a ground wire not connected after the work was done, but as we all know, it all depends on where you're measuring things.

Discussion starter · #37 ·
OMG, we FINALLY got it running. Yes, it was one wire plugged wrong. It running great and our old distributer and coil was fine. Now I have a backup.
Thank you, everyone.
One year later and it's fixed and back to life.

And the importance of labeling and taking pics before disassembly.

glad you got it running, now set the timing and everything else.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.