Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Am hoping that you could help me out. I have an '88 Sierra 1.3L (Australian model) and the alternator has recently died.

I am wanting to replace it with a slightly larger alternator, but am unsure as to exactly what I would be able to use. Preferably something that fits on with minimal fuss.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi Guys,

Am hoping that you could help me out. I have an '88 Sierra 1.3L (Australian model) and the alternator has recently died.

I am wanting to replace it with a slightly larger alternator, but am unsure as to exactly what I would be able to use. Preferably something that fits on with minimal fuss.

ford falcon alternators bolts in with minimal fuss and they have a higher output.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Gm (probably holden over there) alternators, the CS130 model is also a good alternator and there's a lot of info on how to install them. You can buy an aftermarket bracket for about 20 US dollars from trail tough, or have one fabricated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have fitted an alternator to my zook from an EF-EL fairmont GIA, its 110amp.
All you need to do is drill out the original holes (in the bracket) that the alternator bolts onto to suit the long bolt that ford use. Make sure you get th plug to suit it. The top slide bracket need to be ground to suit, but you will see that when you fit it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts