Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 1988 samurai has great defrost and floor heat, but cold air blows out of the vents, what could this be? blows great just not hot, but defrost and floor heat is...

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've been wondering about that too, glad to know its one less thing I need to tend to.

Thanks to you both.

Mike

·
Registered
293 Posts
Which brings up the question for me - which vents does the cold air come out of for those that have air conditioning, the floor/defroster vents or the dash vents?

Honest question since I have never been in a Samurai with working A/C. Always assumed that the reason for the dash vents only blowing unheated air is that the A/C was a dealer installed option and not fully integrated. Kind of like the older aftermarket A/C where the unit was mounted under the dash.

·
Banned
329 Posts
Which brings up the question for me - which vents does the cold air come out of for those that have air conditioning, the floor/defroster vents or the dash vents?

Honest question since I have never been in a Samurai with working A/C. Always assumed that the reason for the dash vents only blowing unheated air is that the A/C was a dealer installed option and not fully integrated. Kind of like the older aftermarket A/C where the unit was mounted under the dash.
Dash vents. If you look at the selector panel, you should see red and blue arrows. The blue arrows mean cold air come out at these locations; red arrows=hot air.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Same problem here although I'm missing hoses for my a/c system. I don't have an air compressor, it was removed before I bought it. The two hoses coming out of the firewall are cut. But my main concern is I want to diagnose my heating system, and the Haynes manual that's on-hand isn't descriptive whatsoever on the heating system. Any help is appreciated ;D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts