Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was replacing my thermostat on my 88 sami 1300 when i broke the bolts.... then i drilled out the holes to tap some new bolts in when the aluminum bolt hole shattered ......arrrrrghhhhhh!!!!!!. so my question is i cant find a sami intake manifold so who's the next donor manifold gonna come from/??????????

·
Registered
264 Posts
Weld it

Did you save the pieces? Any good welding shop can patch it up for you. I had one of the "ears" break off a transfer case. Cleaned it up really good and took it to a shop. Cost me $10. not as good as a whole new casting, but works it a pinch. Your intake will be easier to clean, as its not going to be oil saturated.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got a spare laying around. if you cant find one closer to you then Australia that is!

Also the 1st gen vitara was the same manifold ,i got the 1.6 manifold hooked up to the 1.3 head on my 1.6 motor . pretty interchangeable things

·
Super Moderator
12,425 Posts
The US didn't get the same "first generation" Vitara that Australia did.

Australia got the SE series Vitaras in the late 80's, equipped with a carbureted 1.6 engine, the US did not get the Vitara until 1999 - the US equivalent of the SE series Vitara was the Sidekick - there was a very limited number of SE413 Sidekicks with a carbureted 1.3, the majority of Sidekicks were the SE416 with a fuel injected 1.6 and a different manifold.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts