Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up this Samurai for a ranch ride and I decided that I want to fix it up and make it street legal. That is where the problem starts! Who ever owned it before me hacked out the wiring harness and wired it up with trailer lights. They left the actual wiring but all the plugs at the ends are gone... The headlights and the wipers are all that worked and they are on toggle switches.

I found a wiring diagram online and got the tail lights connected back to the harness but the connection to the new turn signal switch has got me stumped.
I had to buy an aftermarket turn signal switch because it didn't even have one when I got it. Some of the wires in the new turn signal switch are colors that I don't have on the other side!! Anyone got any pointers on how to get these two together and working? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Don't know about those wires in the engine bay :confused:

Here is the diagram for the indicator circuit.

I've also added what the workshop manual shows the pin to wire colours should be. This manual is for a UK SJ413.
Hope it helps, as I can't quite make out the pin/colours in your photo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I will check it out when I get home from work.

The wires in the engine bay is the harness from the rear of the vehicle, that is where it was cut off when I got it. So basically I am going to have to cut the plug off of the new turn signal switch and hard wire it together! What had me confused is that not all of the wire colors match up to what was left in the original harness and I could not figure out which wire brings the 12v power in to the turn signal switch.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If someone could tell me which of the wires in this picture 1 through 13 is the wire that supplies the 12 volt power to the switch that would be a huge help. Thanks

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Not as simple as that, diagram shows it goes to the switch and back out again for no apparent reason :confused:

So
Yellow 12v to switch
Out yellow/blue to relay
Green from relay to switch
Out green/red to left indicators
Or out green/yellow to right indicators

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so much for the help, I am getting close now, just need to figure out the back up lights.

·
Registered
616 Posts
back up lights

There is a switch on the top of the transmission that controls the reverse or back up lights. Actually there are TWO switches - the other one is the fifth gear switch and it goes to the ECU.

If the PO didn't completely hack things up, the reverse switch is the one with the Red and Yellow wires on it and the fifth gear switch has Black and Light Green/Red wires. Wire your reverse lights to the Red wire on the switch and chassis ground.

For detailed information on Samurai wiring, do a search for wiring diagram and select the Dice's Wiring diagram with or without ECU.

I hope that this helps!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the help, I found out that my back up light switch was bad so I switched it out with the switch next to it and got the lights working. All that is left is to hook up the license plate light and I am ready for inspection!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Thanks for the help, I found out that my back up light switch was bad so I switched it out with the switch next to it and got the lights working. All that is left is to hook up the license plate light and I am ready for inspection!
Excellent!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts