Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, installed a new speedometer cable last year, needle would pulse up to 40MPH and then smooth out. Yesterday speedometer starting making loud clicking noise and I guess a gear stripped out as no needle nor odometer movement at all. None of the ususal websites list used instuments, watching Ebay but damn the noise is distracting!

Merry Christmas Ya'll!

Ken T.

It's a Sammy!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
First thing to do is Make sure that your cable is attached on both ends and that the cable is spinning. If your cable is ok then I may have an instrument cluster you can use. I just bought a used instrument cluster for my samurai because i broke the glass on the temp/gas gauge side and couldn't find replacement glass for less than I could get the used cluster for. I can send you my old cluster, nothing wrong with it but a missing glass on the right side. If you have the round piece of glass to put in it should work for you. Off of an 87 samurai without the tachometer.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Cool! I wasn't able to log in all weekend from my xanadoo account at home?? Cold busy weekend so I didn't do anything but install the Roundeyes Jeep headlights I got from Santa! Boy they are Bright! Then low and behold the speedo is working this morning at 24 degrees??

So need to open things up and check mechanical connections before I accept your offer. How much $$ do you need for it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts