Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know off the top of their head what size the vacuum tubes are on the '87 Samurai? I keep forgetting to bring one into town with me to get some new tubing to replace everything.

Thanks,
Terri

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
theres a few sizes, don't know what they are, but the pcv and brake booster hose is big, the vaccuum lines from the manifold are another size, and the little ones that go to the switching valves and the carburetor ports are the smallest. I think the smallest ones I use windshield washer tubing since the vacuum line tubing isn't small enough.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Baratacus. I did get some hose and the small vacuum hoses are 3/16 and you need 10 to 15 ft to replace all of them. That worked for all of the small lines on mine. I got 20 ft. and still had some left. I went to NAPA and was a little miffed at their price - $.71 a foot. I didn't have time to go anywhere else so I just got that. It doesn't seem like it should cost that much.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
thats about the going rate at the auto parts store. You can buy 50 feet of it for 20 bucks if you buy it online. Some places sell the silicon hose (various colors) for upwards of $1.50/foot!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That just seems excessive to me! But I guess it probably has some oil product in it and that makes it more expensive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts