Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Just got an 87 Samurai and have slowly been working away on some stuff. I bought a set of leather Neon RT seats that I plan on installing right away and have been upgrading interior items and a few engine items, tune-up stuff, etc.

I live in Canada, and I'm looking at installing some sort of plug-in heater device in my Samurai. Often times it can get down to -20 or -30 in the winter and all of my vehicles have block heaters. Not sure what my best options are or the approximate cost/install issues, etc with each of them.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
There was a factory accessory back in the 80's that you could add to your oil pan (heater) that came from Suzuki. Finding one would probably be more expensive now that it is worth, but at least it can point you in the right direction. You probably have a local shop that can adapt a known kit to your Zook pan.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
I looked back into my archives and found the original part number for the engine heater. You never know, you may get lucky during a search!

Suzuki Engine Heater - 99980-11798
Available from 86 to 91

·
Registered
27 Posts
I added a canister heater to one of my tractors last fall and it was easy to install using the heater hose and the provided hardware. It's a 1500 watt unit and the tractor starts like it's a hot August afternoon and I have cab heat right now. Nice! Two of my other tractors and my Ford Power Stroke have a threaded adapter in a freeze plug hole so all you do to replace the element is screw it out and screw the new one in. You should only need a 300 or 400 watt element in the little Samurai. PK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts