Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of the time when I start up my 87 sammy the fuel and temp. gauges go to max and tach doesn't register anything. However, every now and then all 3 gauges will work. Its either all or nothing...... none of them work or all 3 of them work. Any idea what could be causing this. Could the voltage regulator do it?? Thanks in advance for your help.

Jeff

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is the best way to check this? Do I need to remove the gauges? Or, do I just need to remove the panel underneath the steering column? I did notice a wire there that was hanging coming from a large bundle of wires. I didnt know what it was supposed to go to so i left it as it was. I don't have a wiring diagram and I didn't want to short anything out.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
First, download a copy of the Factory Service Manual from .:Suzuki Download Archive:.
There is a wiring diagram at the back of the manual. it will tell you wire colors and where they are coming from. If you pull the cluster you will see the ground wires and you can trace them back down to the tube framework. If you find that one is the 'dangler' then you have your problem solved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts