Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright Today i replaced the clutch in my sammi, everything went OK. Trans kinda slipped outta my hands and smashed me in the face. Im ok, my problem is that I pulled the 3 bolts that hold the shifter in, and now when i put it back together it will not shift. I found a couple things online that say it should have been in neutral before pulling it. so how do i fix this rookie mistake
?

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Flat Blade Screwdriver...

Pull the shifter back out and look down into the shifter tower. The notches on the shifter rods need to be lined up straight across. If one is out of alignment, use a flat blade screwdriver to move it back into place (neutral).
Put the shifter lever back into place and bolt it down. Run through the gears and make sure you have them all.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Flat Blade Screwdriver...

Pull the shifter back out and look down into the shifter tower. The notches on the shifter rods need to be lined up straight across. If one is out of alignment, use a flat blade screwdriver to move it back into place (neutral).
Put the shifter lever back into place and bolt it down. Run through the gears and make sure you have them all.

I ran into that situation twice in the last month. The first time it was completely out of alignment, I just couldn't do it without removing the shifter tower. But the second time, as I was replacing the bushing with a new one I removed the shifter without shifting to neutral, but I managed to fix it without removing the tower this time. Removing it isn't a big deal at all, in my opinion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts