Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so a week ago i had to replace the detieriorated t-case bushin cause my rig got stuck in nuetral well a few days later my transfer case started to progressively get louder and louder noise in it but the thing is i have it up on the lift and run threw my gears and as long as im not givin it gas it doesnt make a sound as the front pinion when in an unstressed position every thing is quiet but when i give it gas and the pinion slides into the transfer case maybe a 16th of an inch the noise persists what is this and is it cheapply fixable also is a geo transfer case easily swapped into use with my sami driveline Thankyou

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Last part first...
The Sammy has a 'divorced' transfer case meaning it is a seperate component. The Geo Tracker uses a transfer case that is attached to the transmission. So no, it won't swap out.

Two things may be happening in your t-case. The first may be a worn counter shaft that is causing your gears to chatter.

The other possibility could be the front output gear or bearing. It's a 20 year old t-case... treat it to a rebuild and it can fix most of the possible problems. Wait too long and you could end up like this... BTDT.

Caused by worn counter shaft

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks i was just tryin to figure out the whole deal and im not real familiar with the geos but im in the process of either findin a stock case or orderin a grs II from petro works thanks for the info

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Even a stock rebuilt t-case will cost some bucks, so if you are looking to replace yours anyway, go with a rebuilt with gears to offset any larger tires you may be planning to use. A GRSII will take good care of you up to a 31" tire. If you buy it complete (ready to bolt in), then you can trust the work that Gary and his staff put into it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts