Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my first Sami and I'm learning a lot as I go but I have a few questions. My priorities are MPGs and highway performance but I don't want to completely kill it's off-road-ability.

I'm thinking about going to an aftermarket carb. I've read about Webers and even a little about Harley carbs and I have a few questions. Exactly which models fit and are they bolt-on or do I need any adaptors? Mpgs vs. cruising speed vs. off-roading? Is the original carb worth rebuilding instead? And any other pro's-and-cons I need to know?

Is there a place to buy rebuilt engines for my Sami? Preferably a long-block.

And, which service manual is the best? I have a Haynes and I'm pretty disappointed in it.

No doubt I'll think of a plenty more questions later.

Thanks,
Gus

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Lots of questions there...

The best carb replacement I have worked with so far for MPG's (and seat-of-the-pants response) has been the Harley conversion. But you have to buy the remachined intake to make it work right. The first kit I used was a complete bolt-on from Petroworks.

You can get complete (long block) replacement engines from John's Foreign Engines, they are pricey but very reliable. G13b.com

If you can't find a factory service manual in original (print) form, you can download it from .:Suzuki Download Archive:.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts