Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a samurai, it will start right up, when ideling I can floor the gas pedal and it will roar like normal, but when put in gear the engine will die when i let go of the clutch. If I grind the clutch real hard it will slowly go. please help.

James

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess nobody ever have this problem. I have even try to take out the manifold just incase something was blocking it. If I can't get this to work I'll probably parts this car.

jam

·
Registered
1 Posts
had the same problem with mine. ended up being the tiny brass fuel filter near the fuel bowl...

good luck wit your car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had a simular problem. Idle was good. Jab the throttle and it was good. Start driving was actually ok. But just before shifting into 2nd, it started bogging and hesitating. Shift into 2nd and major bogging and hesitation intill rpm's where high. Shift into 3rd and all the same problems. According to the emission test computor, the motor was being flooded with fuel. As it turned out, the carb was BAD. I replaced it with a good running used one and voila :grin: , it now runs great.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Check Vac Hoses

I had the exact problem you had and was about ready to buy or rebuild the carb.Their are a billion little vac hose on or around the carb. Many will have cracks and holes you can't see so I'd replace them all. Buy some hose and replace . look for the little short hoses under the carb, replace the fuel filter as well.

I would not be surprised if this solves your problem

Worst come to worse you have to get a carb, but the originals were very durable. Check those hoses, if old-replace.

·
Registered
5 Posts
GUYS,

Thanks for the help. I adjusted the fuel mixture screw, adjusted the idle, check the vacuum lines, changed the fuel filter and put Sea Foam in the tank. It is running good again. I will also change all the vacuum lines the near future per your advice.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
anyone know what years of cars the ecu are compatible with 86 samurai? approximantely how much

jam

·
Registered
17 Posts
random question but i was wonderin if anyone could help?! i have a mate he owns a suzuki sj410 and it has a HUGE problem, you have to have at least 2000 revs at ALL times or it will just stall/cut out? Please if you know of anythin that would be great?! thanks!!!! it also GUZZLES petrol like nothing on earth?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had a similar problem like yours and it turned out to be the fuel mixture solenoid in the carb. It might be worth checking that out. Or have a carb shop look at it. Replace all of the ba-zillions of small vacuum hoses while you're at it!

·
Registered
14 Posts
It is buried pretty well in the middle of the carb, not far from the accelerator pump. A good diagram is on P. 4 -15 of the factory service manual, Figure 4-1-26 Accelerator Pump Piston and Mixture Control Soleniod Valve. If you decide to tear into your carb, you should first get the service manual. It is a complex carb. Or go to a knowlegable carb shop.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
can anyone recommend for me a weber carb or other carb. please give me models and if possible cheapest place you know

thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
I used a Weber model WK601 - 32/36 DGEV-SUZUKI that worked well, I still have it on my old 1.3L that is sitting on my shop floor, however I got poor fuel economy as I think it was over carbuerated for my elevation and I never bothered to re-jet it. They run about $300 american. The other option which I am currently running on my 1.6L is one from a Hyundai Pony. These are dead simple carbs that are a direct bolt on. I beleive that Ponys were only sold here in Canada but I'm sure there is a good supply out there. Check out KORE4X4.com and talk to Kevin, he is the man and may be able to hook you up, he is based in VAncouver BC so pony carbs might be more accessible.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts