Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I just purchased a samurai that came with off-road tires on it so I'm currently searching for a set of street legal tires so I can drive the thing. It has a 5 1/2 lift on it (spoa) and 6 inch fender flares and I'm wondering how big of a street tire I can go on it. There's a cheap set of 35x12.5r15 tires for sale on Craigslist, so I'd like to know if they'd work. Just as a disclaimer, I'm not particularly mechanically inclined and don't know much about cars, but I'd sure like to learn! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
45 Posts
33's are about as big as you need.

Here mine with 33's

I am how ever running a 1.6, 16 valve, fuel injected motor and a lower geared transfer case.

Samurai.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for responding John, however it's not a matter of how big I need, it's a matter of what is available on the cheap. There are no 33's available for sale on craigslist (I already spent more on the sami than I had intended so trying to a get a deal on tires) however there are a set of 35" tires with 98% tread left for sale on craigslist for much cheaper than I could buy a set of new 33's for. Therefore I'm simply wondering if the 35" will work in general.

·
Registered
34 Posts
from the picture a rough guess is that the 35 would fit.

only sure way to know is test fit the tires. a good indicator of fit is to compare the diameter of both sets of tires.

how the tires perform is a different matter

·
Registered
45 Posts
What size tires are on it now?

30's? 33's? 35's?

Rim width?

Has the transfer case been modified?

Then I can tell you, how well they will work.

35X12.5X15 are really big for a Samurai with a 1.3 and stock gearing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts