Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So lately my Samurai has been acting like its running to rich and bogging down but it is not always happining it goes in and out, sometimes it stals when excellerating like its not getting enough gas. And then it will run great for a while.. Around the time that this started I noticed that the auto choke has been inconsistent and not always engaging when engine is cold.. All I can think of is tune up, fule filters, plugs, cables etc.. If anyone has any tips or things I should try to diagnose I would really appreciate it:D

Thanks

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
These engines used a hybrid carburetor that relies on an ECM for mixture control. When the carb gets tired they give fits, or if someone is dumb enough to jump start one from another car, or jump starts someone else, the ECM blows and they give fits.
Of course, you want to do a full tune-up before digging into the carburetor and ECM issues to rule out something else.
If it is the carb, I recommend going aftermarket and replacing the OEM unit with one from one of the reputable Zuk specialty shops.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I did the full tune up and its running better, but still stalling and running like crap off and on. Some times it runs great.. Si it must be just a worn out carb, does anyone have suggestions for a good replacement

1 - 3 of 3 Posts