Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 84 Suzuki Sierra, it has a high roof are these common as I have not seen any others around.

It came with 31" Maxxis tires, other than that it was standard.
I have just put new springs with a 2" lift and Rancho shocks, will this give me the clearance I need or will I need a little more lift.

I am in the process of putting new seats in as the originals were shot. Got a set out of a new Toyota sedan that was written off. They are a little wider than stock but fit with a bit of jiggling. I also mounted them a little farther back to give me a little more leg room.

DSCN0306.jpg

DSCN0305.jpg

·
Registered
105 Posts
high tops arn't that commin here in aus i live in darwin and ive only seen about 5 out of all the zuks ive seen here. i'm running 2 inch lift and 30 inch tyres and i get everywhere where the bigger trucks go it allcomes down to tyre preasures when your out on the tracks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
high tops arn't that commin here in aus i live in darwin and ive only seen about 5 out of all the zuks ive seen here. i'm running 2 inch lift and 30 inch tyres and i get everywhere where the bigger trucks go it allcomes down to tyre preasures when your out on the tracks
Thanks for the reply. I wasn't sure if 2" of lift would give me good tyre clearance.

My truck also seems to have come with no front torsion bar, are they essential for highway use?

My other question was do rear springs come in nearside and rightside like the front ones do?

·
Registered
105 Posts
yeah they do the easyest way to tell them apart with leaf springs is turn them upside down next to each other on a flat surface and the one that is a couple of mm higher is the drivers side. not to be rude but i thnk you mean sway bar cos torsion bars are for ifs front ends like on the new model hilux. you dont have to run the sway bar for hway use but its up to you the sway bars job is to try and transfer some of the shock from one side to the other when you hit a bump on one side. the down fall is you loose flex out on the tracks if you run the sway bar. one of my next mods is a 2 inch body lift to be able to get more flex for those tuffer tracks

·
Registered
76 Posts
The sway bar or anti-roll bar reduces body-roll when cornering
I dont know any other leaf sprung vehicle with one fitted
I removed mine right after I bought the vehicle, didnt even notice a difference.
And Lokdzuk you are right it does reduce articulation A LOT

My suggestion is remove it and drive around, if you dont like it off then just refit it

The spring shop that made my springs made the rear right side with more of an arc, but not the front...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts