Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled the rear axles and removed the keepers and bearings. pulled the seals fron the axle housing,got new bearings seals and keepers from Low Range, the rear seals leaked so bad the shoes are saturated with lube,also the drivers cylinder went out at the same time ,would like to know where to get them as searching the net loooks like they are in other country's,are the shoes the same as my 88 sam,and the cylinders,need info it is sitting on my lift and would like to get it off to put 3 speed auto in my 88 sam with 1.6 16 valve. thanks Doug

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am in Michigan in the USA,took the wheel cylinders apart,one side on both of them were froze up,cleaned the cylinder with an old 1 inch wire brusg for cleaning copper fittings,wire wheeled the rust off the pistons,put some axle grease on the pistons and they work fine,the brake shoes after looking at them were hacked up to kinda fit,I had a set for a samurai and set them on top of the ones in there and they may work,I might have to put samurai wheel cylinders because the sam shoes are a little longer. going to work on that today and see how it goes,thanks for the reply,Ill let you know how it works

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the shoes were cut a little short at the top, and one of the pistons came out, with some adjustment at the bottom adjusters got it to work, the next set of shoes I am sure I can fab them to fit perfectly. thanks again for the reply. We already had it out in the snow wheeling yesterday, Thanks Doug

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
can always come over here for some,got a couple feet on the ground,but can't wait for mud season,have a 88 sam hard top with 1.6 16 valve 6.5 transfer gears front and rear lockers on 33s

1 - 7 of 7 Posts