Suzuki Forums banner

660 to 1.3 swap

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Dumpsterbabydaddy 
#1 ·
I recently scored myself a 98 Jimny, no small feat considering I’m on the east coast of Canada & to say they are rare here is a major understatement, the Jimny is a 1999 & had the 660 turbo, witch the previous owner blew up, removed & discarded, I’m going to swap in a 1.3 for 2 reasons #1 I spent everything I had just to buy the Jimny #2 I have 5 good running 1.3’s, if anyone has done this swap & could give me some pointers I’d appreciate any help, also can anyone point me to a diagram for the engine bay wiring harness, I’ve somehow got to figure out what wires went where & witch 1’s I’m gonna need

#3 ·
I’ve been trying to stretch the little bit that I can afford to spend on parts that I can swap to a different engine if I have to, I picked what should b the best 2 engines I had & built a rig that I can easily bolt them into so I can try them both 1st, I’ve picked up New spark plugs, Dizzy/Rotor/Wires, O-ring kit for the dizzy & will b ordering a 3K & instal kit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.