Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im new here and need some help

i have a 52 mk2 suzuki swift GLS SE. 1l SPI.

im fitting a HAWK HA-240 Lite as seen here-

Car Alarms Central Lock + Engine Immobiliser + Dual Zone Ultrasonic Sensor

so far its going well. i have come to the part where i want the central locking to work on the remote. i have 2 wires from the control box to conect to the car. these wires are labled as

"negative door input (-) conect to the driver door pin switch circuit wire that shows +12v when the door is open"

and the other is

"positive door input (+) conect to the driver door pin switch circuit wire that shows +12v when the door is open"

i have removed the drivers door card and i can see 5 wires from car too door and 7 wires from lock area to rest of loom

i dont know what wires i need to break into. does any one know ????

thanks in advance !!!!!!:D:D:D

·
Super Moderator
13,909 Posts
The first problem is that very few of us understand what a "52 mk 2 Suzuki Swift is", so you'll need to explain that.

Second - I notice ...

"negative door input (-) conect to the driver door pin switch circuit wire that shows +12v when the door is open"

and the other is

"positive door input (+) conect to the driver door pin switch circuit wire that shows +12v when the door is open"
That suggests the two wires are being connected to the same point - or - you have a typo, and one of the two should read GND.

Now the wording is very ambiguous and we (or at least I) have no idea what the "door inputs" are being used for, but apparently they need to know when the door is open, and I don't know if that refers to unlocked or actually open (open as in you can get in or out of the car).

If I were to assume that the circuit needs to know when the door is actually open, then the courtesy (or dome) light circuit can be used, although you might need to add a relay.

One last thing - on their website Hawk make the following claim ...

Hawk said:
WE DESIGN OUR OWN WIRING DIAGRAMS TAILORED TO YOUR VEHICLE FOR ALMOST EVERY MAKE AND MODEL!! Without this the alarm fitting is not straight forward.
Get in contact with Hawk and ask them either for the diagram for your make & model, or at least which circuit the wires need to be connected to, and we might be able to help you find that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts