Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tiny light inside the Sammy just wasn't cutting if for me. That dim orange glow wasn't enough to find anything in the dark inside the car. So I ordered this cheap LED panel and replaced the little bulb with it. It is much brighter inside now. I ordered it on eBay from Hong Kong. Arrived in 1 week and only cost $2.59 delivered to my door. Here are a few photos.

Light Panel 24 SMD LED + 38mm Dome Interior+T10 Adapter | eBay

All I did was solder the two leads to the tabs that normally hold the bulb. Then I bent the tabs back to give more clearance. I connected the panel to the connecter I soldered in. I put a piece of foam in the housing and the panel over the foam. Then I snapped the lens cover on to hold everything in place. The foam keeps the LED panel pressed against the lens cover.

Took about 5 minutes to do the LED conversion. Note that the red and black wire may not be correct on your panel. On mine I had to wire the black wire to positive for the panel to light up.

Kind of hard to photo a light but here are a couple photos with the same camera settings to give a comparison of before and after brightness.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
LED dome light conversion is a great mod. I did mine awhile back but it cost more because I bought them at PepBoys. They sell a small kit with many different bulb adapters and the LED panel. You pick the bulb shape that matches the light you want to replace and then just put the adapter bulb in place and the LED panel plugs right into the side of the adapter bulb. This route is more expensive but litterly take as long as replacing the bulb (less than 30 seconds) and no tools involved.
I also put a second dome light on the passenger side when I did the LED conversion.... finally able to see inside at night.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also had looked at PepBoys and everything there if I recall correct was in the $25+ dollar range. I'm kind of obsessed with keeping the Sammy cheap so I decided not to do it until I stumbled across the ultra cheap eBay LED panel. It also came with a bulb connector but the bulb was a little too large so I snipped the wires and soldered it to the bulb posts.

I'm going to "splurge" and buy another one to stick on the passenger side with double sided foam. My roll bar partially covers the light so I could use one on the other side. But even with just the one now I do have enough light but 2 would probably be just right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts