Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94 auto with stock 4.63 ring and pinion I bought a complet locking rear end with 5.12 and a front dif with 5.12 out of a 5speed will this kill my gas mileage? I'm running on the road a lot more then off road right now but soon it will just be a mud runner

·
Registered
200 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
am on a '95 4 door 5 speed with what appears to be 5.12 on the back on stock tire size. Kind of gutless on fifth, but I still want to move up a size or two for quieter highway cruising. Mileage i'd say is high 20's maybe low 30's; taller tires I suppose could give me better or equivalent mpg's on highway if I could come up with a light wheel/tire combo.

How bad is it on 235's?

If you're still on the automatic tranny this could be a bad combo.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
am on a '95 4 door 5 speed with what appears to be 5.12 on the back on stock tire size. Kind of gutless on fifth, but I still want to move up a size or two for quieter highway cruising. Mileage i'd say is high 20's maybe low 30's; taller tires I suppose could give me better or equivalent mpg's on highway if I could come up with a light wheel/tire combo.

How bad is it on 235's?

If you're still on the automatic tranny this could be a bad combo.
Well I bought it a month ago with a bad rear frame and picked up a nice frame with both rear ends geared for a 5 speed so I'm debating on using the 5.12 or the 4.63s I'm hoping the frame swap goes easy we will see

·
Registered
621 Posts
5.12s and 235s is perfect if they arent heavy with a 4 speed.

Gear Ratio Calculator

I use this to play around with.

Getting away from the stock ratio in any direction but lower...is a bad choice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts