Suzuki Forums banner
81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Curiosity question...

First - is the panhard rod parallel to the axle tube? It that picture it does not appear to be, and I'm not sure if its the angle the camera is at.
Second - if it is in fact not parallel to the axle tube - do you have anything other than the 4xfourart kit fitted - any spacers or springs that would provide additional lift?
The pan hard rod is on an angle and the top is mounted the to upper rear chassis leg? Not sure what you mean.

There is no other lift other than the 4xFourArt kit installed.

·
Administrator
17,741 Posts
Under ideal conditions the panhard rod would be parallel to the axle and also the surface the vehicle is on - if it's not the axle moves sideways as the suspension cycles up & down and the axle will be offset sideways relative to the frame - correcting these two conditions is the sole reason to fit a panhard rod relocating bracket. If you're running just the 4xfourart kit and the supplied bracket doesn't correct the problem (which is what you've just confirmed), it suggests that the bracket provided is too short, so someone at 4xfourart is not paying attention to the little details.

It's not necessarily a problem, just that the purist in me says if you're going to address the issue, why not do it properly - I suspect it's that way because a longer bracket increases leverage and that single bolt isn't up to the task of holding it in place.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don’t think even with the standard suspension the pan hard rod wasn’t lower down on the left than the right has you look at the rear of the vehicle?

have you got a picture of standard suspension pan hard rod as I don’t

all the pictures I see of them on lifted cars show the rod on an angle?

·
Administrator
17,741 Posts
No, sorry, I don't have a picture of a panhard rod on a stock vehicle - and the fact that all the pictures you've seen show them at an angle doesn't mean that that is the correct way, it just means that a lot of people out there can't be bothered - myself included

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think its on an angle on stock suspension but happy to be proved wrong. Of my own car, I've got pictures of the rod with the rest of the lift fitted and with the bracket later fitted and the angle is "better" with the extension fitted, but I've not got anything to compare to what it was like stock on level ground as I never took pictures of that.

·
Administrator
17,741 Posts
If the panhard rod is not level ex-factory, it's close to it - I went under my car with a tape and measured the pivot heights - roughly 32.25 cm on the left (axle side) and 36.25 cm on the right (frame side), so approximately 40mm difference, which is about the lift I have (Old Man Emu springs, shocks & struts) - your picture appears to show the panhard rod at more of an angle than mine is, even though yours has the extension bracket fitted, and that is why I questioned it - I've considered fitting an extension meant for a 50mm lift, but not gotten beyond the point of thinking about it.

I also took a look under my other car, a Mitsubishi Pajero with a very similar rear suspension, and on that the panhard was also close to level, I didn't measure it, but by eyeball, less than 1cm difference.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I know this is an older thread, and I don't mean to threadjack at all.. but has anyone attempted to fit the 4xfour art kit onto an earlier tracker? I have a 94' and a friend of mine suggested this kit. I told him I didn't think it would be compatible, but he says it is. I already have a 2" spacer lift. But I'm looking to do away with that and do a taller suspension lift. I'm debating between this kit (if it's compatible), or the altered ego 4.5" kit.

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
17,741 Posts
4xfourart does a similar kit for the first gen vehicles, you just need to buy the correct one.

·
Registered
39 Posts
4xfourart does a similar kit for the first gen vehicles, you just need to buy the correct one.
The only one listed on the website that appears that it would work is for a Suzuki Vitara. These parts looks similar to other kits that are made for mine, I'd like to be certain though lol

·
Administrator
17,741 Posts
It's the same vehicle - what was known as a 94 Geo Tracker or Suzuki Sidekick in the US & Canada was called a Vitara in most countries - in Turkey, which is where 4xfourart is, it's a Vitara, drop them an email and have them confirm it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It's the same vehicle - what was known as a 94 Geo Tracker or Suzuki Sidekick in the US & Canada was called a Vitara in most countries - in Turkey, which is where 4xfourart is, it's a Vitara, drop them an email and have them confirm it.
Thanks! I didn't know that. I always thought the Vitara was like a more luxury styled tracker, I also thought they were only made in later years. Thank you for clearing it up. I had already emailed them but hadn't got a response yet, figured I'd ask here as well.

·
Administrator
17,741 Posts
In the US, the Vitara name was used on the 99~05 Suzuki models with the smaller engines (1.6 & 2.0), the 2.5 V6 was the Grand Vitara, so a US Vitara is equivalent to a Chevrolet Tracker, yes, they were bigger and more luxuriously equipped than the Geo Trackers, but by no means a "luxury" vehicle.

Outside of the US & Canada, the Vitaras (meaning the vehicle you have) were sold from 1989 to as late as 2004 in some countries.

·
Registered
39 Posts
That's great info to have, especially for future parts sourcing. Do you know know of many people who have used either the 4xfourart or altered ego kits in earlier trackers? I've read many threads on both. But they all seem to be on later vehicles, aside from one I think was on a 95' kick.

·
Registered
Suzuki Grand Vitara 2004
1 Posts
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

Hello throughout the forum. I own a Grand Vitara 2004. Having tried almost all the lifting kits, the best one is Polish and it is called Radzikone. the construction is awesome and the front arms are very sturdy. it's 4 ". Worth a look

·
Registered
12,055 Posts
Thanks for the detailed writeup! I've been pondering the Calmini kit too, but like you say with the exchange rate and the long wait time the kit you purchased looks like a much better option.
Only if you want to wait 2 years and not see anything arrive. Then by all means use Calmini. As Fordem says, research the company first.

81 - 100 of 100 Posts