Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as you can see in title I have a 2003 Suzuki Grand Vitara. The 4X4 is not currently working. The ABS Brakes shutter like(wheel speed sensor). I just got this from a friend. He told me he replaced 4X4 actuator but had trouble with the hoses. He bought too large of a new hose and put on old ones. Next he unplugged the abs fuse to stop shuttering. So this is where i stand. I put back in fuse and i have the shuttering back. I plugged code reader in ODB2 and no codes. I did not jack up yet but had it on ramps. Shook tires and not an Obvious shake of it. So thats where i stand. So I think tomorrow when i have help(because i am sick(very) and have not had strength for years) i will take off tire by tire checking speed sensor. Then look at the actuator make sure its clean and plugged in and hose are ok and hold vaccume.. i dont know the size. I know what it is not lol. I dont know maney some one can school me is the hub and sensor 2 different peices. Im use to changing thr chevy tahoe/ trailblazer/ blazer one where you can change as one peice which makes itv easy. Am i missing any info you need! ....TIA All who take the time to look and attempt to help me! You can also Email me @ [email protected] Stevie D is my call! TY

·
Super Moderator
18,172 Posts
Welcome!

Looks like you are on the right track. Here is a thread from our FAQ section that will provide you with the 4WD test and operational theory that you need.

3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Max I would like to take the time to say thank you so much. I am sure this is going to help me so much tomorrow. I need to fix this to drive this until i get my real (favorite) ride fixed Chevy Tahoe . Or sell to fix the Tahoe faster. Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
18,172 Posts
So where are we on the suggested 4WD system testing? And inspecting of the ABS system to include sensors that you were going to pursue? :unsure:

You may need a local Mechanic's assistance if unable to continue troubleshooting on your own.

The two volumn SQ Series Vitara Service Manual set is also available to you from the FAQ thread as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts