Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I am looking for a mini car which could stand an ocassional off-road use. So I would be very grateful if you could help me, because little Jimny looks a very attractive option.
Most of the time I would use it in the city in 2 wheel drive. But after reading about all the restrictions I am looking at the picture of a Jimny's dashboard and wondering if an accidental press on "4WD" or even "4WD-L" buttons (not a stick) while making a turn would damage the transmission? Or perhaps those buttons simply don't work in unsuitable conditions?

·
Registered
929 Posts
Lol, I think they have lock methods that the system won't engadge it if you are rolling I could be wrong...

But you could always unplug the harness or relocate some buttons! I have a geo tracker and have engadged 4x4 while rolling before, it was FUN. I was trying to tear the shit out of it (was an automatic and it was time for it to go, junkyard wouldn't give me what I wanted so I shitted it).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all,
I am looking for a mini car which could stand an ocassional off-road use. So I would be very grateful if you could help me, because little Jimny looks a very attractive option.
Most of the time I would use it in the city in 2 wheel drive. But after reading about all the restrictions I am looking at the picture of a Jimny's dashboard and wondering if an accidental press on "4WD" or even "4WD-L" buttons (not a stick) while making a turn would damage the transmission? Or perhaps those buttons simply don't work in unsuitable conditions?
the system is connected with speedo sensor and would not allow you do it if the speed is too high, say, over 50ks. According to the workshop manual, did not try it though.

But I do have concern about the reliability on the electronic system. I am discusing this topic with few guys in China, see if we can install a relaible master switch and hide it somewhere in car, so can turn i off when on road. And as soon as any result show up, I will let you know.

PM me to remind me thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts