Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Jimny owners, I recently purchased a second hand Jimny that does not come with the owners manual, having problem with the 4wd operation, cannot shift to 4H as when shifting to 4H the indicator always shows 4L. Can anybody tell me the proper shifting to 4WD. thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I will tell you how my SJ410 works:

..........4L
2H........|
..|......Neutral
..|........|
.....4H...

I hope this will help you. mine is a 1984 SJ410. Regards

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry, that didn't come out good. 2H is on the left hand side right to the front. If you pull the lever towards you, it will click into 4H. Push the lever right and forward one click, and you are in (another) neutral, push it forward some more and you are in 4L. My SJ only have one light when I am in 4H or 4L. This is a green light on the dashboard that shows "4WD"

·
Registered
10 Posts
i got a little prob with my 4wd

hello i got a little prob with my 4wd on my sj410 when i push it in to 4H it will pop out and then a clunk :eek: when im driveing or most of the time as soon as i pull away, but my 4L works fine all so if helps narrowing it down, if i get some one to hold the the nob in 4H it will work fine but i what it to work like new so if anyone can help please let me no what the prob is thanks

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
So it is not staying in gear in 4H...

Is there a body lift added to the vehicle? Or anything else done that would cause the stick to hit the edge of the shifter opening and maybe pop it out of gear? If so, you will have to bend the shifter to miss it.

If not, check out the shifter sheet (rubber bushing) that the shifter rides in. A common shifter problem with Zooks is that the bushing deteriorates and then the ball doesn't stay where it needs to. You can get factory replacements, Poly replacements, or even brass replacements to fix this. The folks that have these will be the aftermarket Zook folks... Petroworks, Low Range Offroad, Zuks Offroad, Hawk, Rocky Road, etc.

Take a look at how it is done on the Sammy:
Tcase Fix

·
Registered
10 Posts
thanks for the info

Thanks for the information i dont have a lift kit on it but it maybe the bush that you said right i have a look if it is that thanks alex:D

·
Registered
616 Posts
another one in the FAQ..

So it is not staying in gear in 4H...

Is there a body lift added to the vehicle? Or anything else done that would cause the stick to hit the edge of the shifter opening and maybe pop it out of gear? If so, you will have to bend the shifter to miss it.

If not, check out the shifter sheet (rubber bushing) that the shifter rides in. A common shifter problem with Zooks is that the bushing deteriorates and then the ball doesn't stay where it needs to. You can get factory replacements, Poly replacements, or even brass replacements to fix this. The folks that have these will be the aftermarket Zook folks... Petroworks, Low Range Offroad, Zuks Offroad, Hawk, Rocky Road, etc.

Take a look at how it is done on the Sammy:
Tcase Fix
I did a search and did not find this article in the FAQ!

It's there now...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts