Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have suzuki jimny for 2 years now. Recently I changed the kingpin bearings and the wobbling was fixed. Two days later in noted that 4wd is not engaging on. Four days earlier I used it and it was ok. I checked the vacuum tubes and there is no evidence of vacuum leak. I checked the 4wd fuse and is ok. I also went underneath the car to check the 4wd switch but could not see any evidence of wire cut. The 4wd light does not come on at all when i select the 4wds button. The car simply is not engaging to 4wd. Could this be the failure of the 4wd switch?

Your assistance is appreciated

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm responding to your post of 4 years ago to see what you discovered. My 2007 Jimny 4WD works sometimes, then sometimes the light just blinks. I have not found a way to reset the fault. It goes away by itself and then works for awhile. This occured before and after I had the front wheel bearings replaced. I thought that maybe grease got into the tubing, so I blew them out. It worked for awhile, but still acts up sometimes.

I don't understand the logic of the error, or if there is any technician reset that can be done to clear the error immediately.

John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts