Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
02 chevy tracker 2.5 v6. I put it in 4wd last night and it is clunking when i accelerate I was thinking it might be all the ice and snow packed under there but the more i think about it im not so sure. so anyone have any ideas what it might be? its coming from the front for sure almost thinking that its not fully engaging inside the diff.

·
Super Moderator
20,007 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope I was on snow. Worked fine the other day. Gonna thaw it out at work and see how it sounds on my way home. If it still noisy going to investigate and find out what it is. It's not as noisy as it was last night either.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well its not the front end. i did some playing around in my yard and it sounds like its internal on the engine. does it going down the road in 2wd just driving normally. i power brake it in the yard and can hear is a little put it in 4wd and power brake it to get a load on the motor and i can hear it clearly. going to have the wife do that in 4wd and i will listen under the hood. hoping its the timing chains as i plan to replace them soon as i get the money. that or i need a new engine which is around $1000.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.