Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello dear members.
As the title states: When I want to use 4WD, I have to put the lever in 4H or 4L while the motor is not running. By that I mean, I turn the key so all the lamps go on and then I put it in 4L or 4H and then I start the engine and everything works very good. When I put it in 4H or 4L I can hear the pump work for a few seconds and the 4WD light comes on. But... when the engine is running, and I put it in 4WD - the light doesnt go on. It only goes on when I start driving. When it gets slippery the 4WD lamps starts to blink and there is no 4WD.. A few times there was a louder noise and after that 4WD had turned on and the lamp didnt blink anymore.
But as long as everything works, I can live with having to turn the 4WD on while the engine is not running.
But maybe some of you have some ideas? I would appreciate.

Car:
Suzuki Grand Vitara 1.6L , 94hp , 2004. yr., European Version with manual 4WD lever.

Thanks and greetings from Latvia.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello. Maybe some ideas? As far as I can see - there is no damage to the hoses connected to the front differential.. In which direction should I look? It worked a few weeks ago.

Thanks and sorry for double posting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts