1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,446 Posts
Try SouthWest Suzuki motors - part number 37620-80000

·
Registered
264 Posts
Suzuki part number is 37620-80000. You can still get it from Suzuki.
I buy a lot from these guys:
1987 Suzuki Samurai Parts - Suzuki Parts | OEM Suzuki Parts | Genuine Suzuki Parts

You might also try EBay. I have repaired them. The wires break off down inside the sealant. Dig it out, solder on a new wire and epoxy it closed again. Saves you about $35. There may be a difference in switches from the later model TCs. I've run across switches with metal, as well as plastic activation parts. Not sure which is which.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ouch $$$

Dang $31.00 for that switch. It is not real important for me but I just like to have all my instruments light lit up when needed. I am going to hunt for one from junk yard.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I would try Mikodaindustries.llc for one. He has loads of salvage OEM as well as availability of new.

I have done a lot of business with Mike and highly recommend him.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the same problem with my light not working. Can someone point me to the location if the switch. I assume it's somewhere on the transfer case. Is the problem usually a bad switch or are there other areas to look when tracing the problem?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am seeing this part number 37620-80000 showing on the net that it is for reverse light switch. Is this switch looks like the 4WD switch too?

·
Registered
264 Posts
I found this website so you know what it looks like. See item#23&24. So far this is the cheapest price I could find.

https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/suzuki/part?catalog=AR&model_code=MG410101&group=30
Yup, I've run across this supplier before. They have -0- available. They're also in the UAE. Not sure how they handle shipping and customs.
As "caseyjones955" said, give Mike a try. He's rounded up all kinds of parts for me, too. Great to work with and very reasonable prices.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I finally got a chance to crawl under my rig to look at the switch and sure enough the wires are broken off. I did notice that the switch has wrench flats. Is it possible to simply unscrew the switch with the transfer case still in the vehicle? If I try to resolder the wires does it matter which one goes on which pole or is it a simple open/closed switch?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Is it possible to simply unscrew the switch with the transfer case still in the vehicle? If I try to resolder the wires does it matter which one goes on which pole or is it a simple open/closed switch?
Yes, you should be able to remove the switch while the TC is in the truck.
Wiring order doesn't matter.
I also found the part number from Suzuki is the same for both the reverse switch and the transfer case switch.
Rock Auto has the switch for $11.
BECK/ARNLEY Part # 2011812

1 - 12 of 12 Posts