Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it a good thing to change the old auto. Tran. oil and use Full Synthetic ?

·
Super Moderator
24,976 Posts
Synthetic fluid is fine.

Reactions: noisey jack

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Synthetic fluid is fine.
Thanks for your reply Ben,
I just finished changing the Trans. oil and filter, I used synthetic oil, all went well. Moved it outside for the night. I went to start it up this morning and bring it back in to do some work and it wouldn't start. Checked all fuses and pulled 1# spark plug wire and there is no spark. Did some reading and looks like it might be a Crank sensor or a Cam sensor. Is there a way of checking the two sensors with a meter? I also check no codes.

1997 4x4 Geo Tracker 4 speed auto 4 door..

·
Registered
'91 Tracker (CAMI) 1.6-8v, 5spd-4WD
538 Posts
Thanks for your reply Ben,
I just finished changing the Trans. oil and filter, I used synthetic oil, all went well. Moved it outside for the night. I went to start it up this morning and bring it back in to do some work and it wouldn't start. Checked all fuses and pulled 1# spark plug wire and there is no spark. Did some reading and looks like it might be a Crank sensor or a Cam sensor. Is there a way of checking the two sensors with a meter? I also check no codes.

1997 4x4 Geo Tracker 4 speed auto 4 door..
It's almost midnight in Ireland right now...."Ben" may already be counting sheep.:sleep:

·
Super Moderator
24,976 Posts
Presumably from your post, the engine is cranking but no start. As you have a scanner to check for codes, did you attach the scanner while the engine is cranking, to see what the computer sees? It may be a bit coincidental that the engine doesn’t start right after your repair - perhaps some wiring was loosened or a connector dislodged while you were working??

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Presumably from your post, the engine is cranking but no start. As you have a scanner to check for codes, did you attach the scanner while the engine is cranking, to see what the computer sees? It may be a bit coincidental that the engine doesn’t start right after your repair - perhaps some wiring was loosened or a connector dislodged while you were working??
It cranks over great .When I had it to change the Tran. oil I cleaned the battery post after going it started right up no problem. I have a code reader not a scan tool working on that today. I have check the Crank sensor with a Ohmmeter and it's 394 Ohms. Speck is 360-460. I have found a test for the Cam sensor and will be trying that this morning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts