Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello zuki fans, I'm planning on a 4 link coil spring conversion, don't really want to spend over 3k on a brand name kit, so maybe fab 1 my self with most parts, trying to aima for 1k or less. will run on 31s or 235/75/15s, I guess I need to buy brake lines, drive shaft spacers, wheel spacers, Zlink, steering arm, did I miss anything else? Pls help. PS I want comfort with 4.5" spoa lift height, hoping 4link will bring it up to 7" total, use 100lbs per inch 14" coil springs, so it'll sit at 4.5" spoa ride height. I think. Will be used 90%NYC 10%NYS upstate or beach offroad.

BTW, my friend totaled his Evo 9, only 65k on the motor, and they weren't damaged in the wreck. I'm thinking buying his whole car for 3k, use the whole drive train, maybe the whole drive plan, I think Evo9 is about 2900lbs, my Sami is 2100lbs, so maybe all the Evo9 components are well qualified to handle the weight loss...? Or rebuild a 89 RX7 motor from another friend of mine($200 complete motor only, no wire loom...)

·
Super Moderator
17,869 Posts
Unless you have mad Automotive design, fabrication skills and a killer equipped shop, you'd be better off with a "kit" where the parts effort is already done.

Buying parts here and there without knowing what you really need can turn into a costly crap shoot. :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts