Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody! New member here from the Tulsa, OK area. I've got a 4dr tin top 1996 USA Geo Tracker LSI 4x4, 1.6L, 16v that needs the back glass replaced. It is absolutely shattered. Bought it like this.

I'm looking for pointers on getting it replaced or creative substitutions.

None of the glass repair shops I've called can find it from their suppliers. And I'm having a hard time finding one at salvages nearby. One shop told me that if I could find one, they'd install it for $125.

I'd prefer a replacement, but, again, I would consider some creative substitutions. One fixed, it will be a daily driver.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Try searching for a Suzuki Sidekick...your year and model.

Cheers

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have a complete tail gate with good glass in SW Oklahoma I would make you a great deal on!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mr. Z., thanks for the suggestion. I ended up finding some stuff on partshotlines. Didn't know that site existed. It seems like a pretty good source. And adding sidekicks to my search yielded a good amount of additional options.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, it is in a Sidekick though, so it says SUZUKI on it.
Hey, that's not a problem. I'll PM you for some details. I might be interested in that. Getting a whole tailgate saves on removal and installation (less $ and less chance of mishaps).

·
Super Moderator
25,483 Posts
The Suzuki part number for the rear glass in the 4 door (Canadian manufacture) is 84575-61AD1. However, when searching under that part number, it appears there are no US/domestic suppliers, and even Megazip advises it’s ‘out of stock’:
As Mr. Z says above, you may have better luck searching using Suzuki Sidekick (as you are actually driving a rebadged Sidekick). You might have some luck with junkyards…???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts