Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So first off, I don't have pictures, but I will try tomorrow. I bought a 1997 Sidekick parts rig to get my 1995 back on the road. Icing on the cake was the fact that it had a roof rack!! I finally installed it tonight. I thought maybe it was a Suzuki OEM rack. I now do not think that. I found some "writing" stamped on it. I think the writing is German.
"Dachschutz Bugel
Hersteller Berman
TYP 1233??
Tipzeichen Kea ?????

This is what is stamped on it. It was a very straight forward install. I will try to find a pic tonight online of something similar.
Any ideas what it is that I have?

·
Super Moderator
15,802 Posts
That looks like the roof rack that Suzuki offered - I'd say they are quite rare.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My understanding is any made for the Sidekick rack is rare, especially in the States. I know it is the only one I have personally laid my eyes on. IT just threw me that a Suzuki OEM item has German writing on it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And pictures...

KIMG0080.JPG
KIMG0082.JPG
KIMG0083.JPG

So a couple of notes for anyone installing one of these....
The middle picture, where the bracket attaches above the plastic trim behind the rear doors, you have to do some minor trimming on that plastic trim for the bracket to fit properly.
Not pictured, but for the front brackets, which mount above where the front and rear doors meet, you have to trim a little bit of the weather strip on the rear door for the tab on that bracket. Other than that, super easy to swap. Finding one is the hardest part!

Reactions: DL1

·
Registered
378 Posts
same company that did my wheel arch rubber protectors.
it's an italian company that is still active and specializes in optional / custom parts dev. on behlaf of OEMs. It's B2B, they dont sell any direct to cosumer
they are just a 100 miles from Milan, where i live, tried to contact them to see if they have anything left for our old cars, nothing came out of it....

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting info. Thank you so much Turbo! I am just super stoked to have one of these!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts