Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a Samurai that has a 4.3 carb motor swap with the trans. It came out of S10. The conversion looks good and the right kit was used. My question is, When I put my foot into it will stuff break? Everything else is stock except for the lift.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm looking at a Samurai that has a 4.3 carb motor swap with the trans. It came out of S10. The conversion looks good and the right kit was used. My question is, When I put my foot into it will stuff break? Everything else is stock except for the lift.
You shouldn't have any problems.

Mike

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey,

I did a 4.3 swap on my samurai. Same thing, it came out of an s-10. Everything else is pretty much stock except for the lift. The only difference is mine is fuel injected. I put my foot into it plenty of times. The biggest problem I had was rear springs. They are stock and I got some serious spring wrap. It was so back that it crushed in my rear axle tubing, and I had to get another one. Luckily I found one really cheap on ebay. I have 33s on mine and the 4.3 will spin those tires without me even knowing it. I put in a traction bar to stop it; however, I am not happy with the traction bar set up. The only other problem with a 4.3 swap is the front springs. The start bending the wrong way, and if you are going to be pounding on the front end while wheeling you may have a problem with them. I am more of the mud bogger, so I dont have a problem with my front end; other than the way it looks.

Will

·
Registered
12 Posts
Costs are pretty high to put a 4.3 in a samurai. You can do like the previous post and buy a kit, or you can research and fabricate parts yourself and save yourself a couple bucks. I actually made my own cross-member and transfer case mounts so that saved me some money. Also, the kits that are produced by companies are designed for certain types of motors and trannys. I personally wanted to put in a manual transmission (i dont care much for automatics). Well the manual transmission is longer than the auto one, so my mounts were in different locations. Parts are normally a couple hundred dollars each. There is a company in Florida that makes their business out of putting 4.3s, and 350s in samurais. They are called suzuki lightning. However, they are pricey. You need specialized exhaust manifolds and they cost me $300. You can contact them and they will tell you what you need and how much it costs individually and you can compare it to a kit. The obvious advantage of buying it piece by piece is you can save up and do it over time. My email is [email protected], I check that more frequently.

Will

1 - 6 of 6 Posts