Suzuki Forums banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

Registered
I am building a skid plate that will cover the transfer case and air tank. It will be well protected. The air compressor is also water proof, so water won't effect it. The intake shares the engine air filter.

I did mount a air fitting for the tires. Compressor is rated to fill 37" tires and run at 200 psi. I have a pressure switch plumbed in to cycle the relay at 100psi.
I meant plumb in a line to connect a remote compressor to your locker charge tank, if that locker compressor fails(and it will) you need a way of getting air the locker to possibly get you out of a situation and home.
Most of the off road guys here mount them in cab or on the rear tray if its a pickup as they know how often they have issues with them.

Registered
Discussion Starter #62
I'd love to see more details on this I could see myself copying your notes. What model/brand compressor did you use?
I used a Kleinn air compressor. It was made by a local company. They were nice enough to get it to me at a good price and I could pick it up ony way home.

Kleinn Compressor

I meant plumb in a line to connect a remote compressor to your locker charge tank, if that locker compressor fails(and it will) you need a way of getting air the locker to possibly get you out of a situation and home.
Most of the off road guys here mount them in cab or on the rear tray if its a pickup as they know how often they have issues with them.
I see what your saying. Guess I could run a connection into the rear boot and use the my old compressor if needed. I was hoping that since this compressor has a 100% duty cycle at 200psi that running it at 100 for a locker would make it last a bit longer. 馃

Registered
It may last but I have seen many fail off road just when you need it. If you are running a connection to be able to pump up tyres, then you should be able to work out how to set it up so you can reverse feed into the same connection if needed

Reactions: FirstTimeMods

Registered
Discussion Starter #64
I'd love to see more details on this I could see myself copying your notes. What model/brand compressor did you use?
Change in plans, Still going to make a skid plate for the air system but I had a surprise trail run come up next week and I'll need skids. I am going to adapt a steel plate to work with the Ironman skids as that seems less time consuming. I'll post what I come up with and hopefully I can find the time for the locker installation.
IMG_20201016_131410891.jpg

61 - 64 of 64 Posts