Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Picked up a '92 Samurai. Concerned about getting rear ended due to brake lights being so low and mainly careless drivers distracted by phones and what not. Any recommendations for 3rd brake light?

Thx

·
Registered
616 Posts
About the best you can do is create a bracket with a red lamp - from the auto parts store - that bolts to the spare tire mounting studs. Add a quick-disconnect cable that splices into the brake lamp circuit and you are done.

Go to Ack's FAQ (link in signature, below) and search for diagram. You will find a color wiring diagram that will show you which wire in the rear bumper area is the brake circuit. Don't forget to add a ground wire to your new center stop lamp! The body is the ground return circuit.

I hope that this helps!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thx Ack.

On the way down from Michigan I stopped by a Samurai/Sidekick/Tracker salvage yard in Tallahassee, FL to pick up rear seat. Explained to the guy my concern about the 3rd brake light and he sold me a OEM 3rd Brake from early model Tracker/Sidekick, bolted right on the spare tire bracket/mount w/o any modification or needing extra bolts. Looks like it was made for the Samurai. Picked up some wire and inline wire connectors. Hooked it up to the rear right brake light wiring and working!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts