Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many inches of lift would i have to put on a sammie to fit 33 12.50s under it? and what would be the best way to do it?

·
Registered
448 Posts
You need at least 5", and it is still not enough. You have to have a SPOA lift.

I lifted my Sammy 7" and 1" wheel spacers on both sides and now there is barely enough room for the 33"x12.5" tires I have. And still rubs in turns. I had to hammer in all the sticking out parts inside the wheel well, and I had to space out the wheels to push them away from the springs, and still at full lock to the right it rubs just a little.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so it has a standard spoa and they fit but i need more in flex it rubs so would a shackle reversal system work to give it that little extra or would an add leaf do it or what would be the best way to go?

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
You do need a little more, but I would stay away from any Add-A-Leaf... It turns the suspension into a cement block. Just too darn stiff.

I am running SPOA with 2" lifted YJ's on TrailTough drop shackles and it is just about perfect in height and articulation.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how did you do the mounts to keep the stock front bumper? and did you do any cutting and is there any wheel spacers or backspacing or rubbing? thanks so much

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
billjohn, are you runnig yota axels?
Nope. I am running a heavily gussetted stock front axle with 26 spline Spidertrax RCV Performance shafts pushed by 5.12's and an ARB.
The rear axle is a Spidertrax Sidewinder axle housing with Full floating axle shafts, Warn premium lockouts, 5.12's and another ARB... Not exactly stock, but not Toys either.
(I like to abuse them... and Toys aren't really that much stronger than stock Zook axles, you still have to beef them up to crack rocks)

·
Registered
448 Posts
how did you do the mounts to keep the stock front bumper? and did you do any cutting and is there any wheel spacers or backspacing or rubbing? thanks so much
I trimmed the stock bumper to fit the tires. I'll be removing the stock bumper soon, after I get my ARB bullbar. I did install spidertrax spacers because without them the wheels will have a hard rub against the springs. The right wheel still rubs at full lock to the right just a little, I'm going to adjust the turning angle to mitigate that.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sounds expensive...i was thinking about putting 4.11 posi axels under mine that are under a 96 f150 eddie bower edition... my buddy went head on and totalled it and said i could have the truck for impound fees which is only about $350...would that be a wise investment?

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Only go out as far as you have to to get past the rubbing on the leaf springs. Any more and it is just more leverage on the knuckles... It doesn't help to be able to turn if the knuckle breaks off in a hard landing...

1" is good for almost any application. Measure what you need.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Only go out as far as you have to to get past the rubbing on the leaf springs. Any more and it is just more leverage on the knuckles... It doesn't help to be able to turn if the knuckle breaks off in a hard landing...

1" is good for almost any application. Measure what you need.
1" is not enough if he's getting 33x12.5 tires. My Spidertrax wasn't enough and I regretted not getting the 1.25" ones.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
alright so ill go 1.25, ill tell you if theres any rubbing on them...but rim backspacing makes a difference too...ill just have to measure then go a little extra to be sure

·
Registered
448 Posts
alright so ill go 1.25, ill tell you if theres any rubbing on them...but rim backspacing makes a difference too...ill just have to measure then go a little extra to be sure
I believe rim backspacing has the exact same affect as wheel spacers. We don't have those rims in my region, so I had no choice but to go for spacers, or order the rims overseas which will cost a whole lot more.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts