Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently running 31" tires and I am thinking of switching to 33" tires for a few reasons but have a couple questions...

I have a stock body around the fender wells and do not want to cut it up at this point. With the 33" tires I will have to change my bumpstops and I am guessing I will lose about an inch of suspension up travel.

Anyone swapped to 33" tire and had problems and ended up going back to a 31" tire ??

Anything I should consider when swapping to a 33" tire other than it will limit my suspension up travel abit ??

I am running a hybrid rear axle with 5.12 gears, YJ springs, and a 1.6 16v, double tough front axle... so everything should hold up with a 33" tire.
Gotta buy new tires so now would be the tire to switch if I am going too....

Thank you for the info !

·
Registered
448 Posts
Your gearing seems to be right for the 33" tires. But without hammering in the back side of the front wheel well the wheel WILL rub against it. You definitely need to add some clearance in your front wheel wells. But I think the rear is ok, from my experience. Also, you will need to cut off the original front bumper bracket, if you haven't done so yet.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any body have pics of the back of the front wheel well that has been hammered in for clearance ??
looking for an example so I will have an idea of what needs to be done before I have to do it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts