Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,I am new to this forum,i have a problem with my Jimny,it works in 4wd but when i select 2h nothing happens it won't move,does anybody know what the problem may be,thanks for reading...

·
Registered
686 Posts
My experience is with a Samurai so bear that in mind. I understand they are very similar.

The shift gate for the Tcase is the strangest one I have seen in a long time, If your shifter knob still reflects the shift gate than its probably not that. Mine did not and I had trouble finding a gear until I went online and saw a pic of the shift positions.

Maybe the shift sheet (beveled ring directly under the shifter) is excessively worn preventing it from engaging in 2H, I have read about this happening and having gone over my Tcase I can see how it could be an issue. It is easy and cheap to replace from inside the cab via Tcase shifter removal. I hope this helps.

Tony

·
Registered
26 Posts
Some times the shift motion is not quite in a straight line. You need to wiggle the lever side ways a little to get into 2wd. Also easing the clutch while you do it will make it slip in easier. You are probably just shifting into neutral and not moving the lever far enough to get 2wd.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts