Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2nd gear fails to stay locked in gear when cold, after it warms up it seem to work okay ???? Thanks for any help Ty

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Well, would you like to tell us what the vehicle is or do we have to guess.

You need to include the information in your signature or you will get yelled at by the mods and nobody will answer.

Donewrken

:fing32:

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
and what model transmission it is. My guess is.......a model with an L in the descriptor

·
Registered
5,577 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,877 Posts
The 92 Tracker will be a 2 door model, and the auto tranny will be a 3 speed 3L30 transmission. What do you mean, that second won’t stay ‘locked up’? How does the tranny shift? Have you checked the transmission fluid level? If you drive, and go through the gears manually (ie, start in L, shift to 2 and then 3 with the shifter) will the tranny go into and stay in 2??

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Try some Trans X ATF Treatment.

My 3 Speed was doing something very similar and would go away when fully warmed up. We took it to a transmission specialty shop and they tried this first and it pretty much fixed it for now.

They explained it that the chemicals in the treatment soften up the old and brittle seals so they can seal better. Not a long term solution obviously.
Mine will need a rebuild in the near term once the slipping starts again.
I will try one more treatment when that occurs.....
They said, don't do more than two treatments on the same fluid.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts