Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm changing my stock tires and I'd like to hear some advice regarding the best size without doing any body lifting (for now at least).

I don't care about road handling or noice since I exclusively use my Jimny for offroading (light to medium... nothing too aggressive).

I have two options in mind:

Toyo Open Country 215/75R15
Dunlop Grand Trek AT3 225/70R15

Any comments will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just installed Open Country

Just if anyone might be interested, I just installed Toyo Open Country 215/75 R15's in my otherwise completely standard Jimny and they fitted perfectly.

The road ride is much smoother and softer, the steering has also improved and the offroad capabilities (on a light ride at least) is also better.

Hope this will help anyone thinking on making the change from the stock tires.

·
Registered
68 Posts
hey Toyo is my vote...glad you chose this tire...how much were they?
would love to see a photo of it on your jimny.

i put a 255/60/15 Cooper Cobras on mine...see my photo...:D

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Toyos

Hey... nice ride!

Where is that picture from?

Anyway... the tires were 139 US Dollars each and here it is how they look like...

(Not a very good picture by the way but just took it with my phone)

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
hey, nice tires!
nice spotlights too..where did you get them?

the photo is from one of my mountain trips in Musandam, Oman! wonderful place....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow! Oman!

So you live in Oman? Amazing... You must have hundreds of great routes to do... I'm in Peru... A lot of good offroading places here as well... Mountains, deserts, jungle... A little bit of everything...

Would love to see some pictures of your trips...

The spotlights are Hella Rally 1000's... About 100 bucks each and mounted on the roof for better reaching...

The tires are verry good indeed... I'm very pleased with them. Next step will be to lift the suspension with a set of Old Man Emu shocks and coils... But they're quite pricey... Around 1,300 USD so I'll have to save a little... And they are only by special order so it takes two months for them to arrive...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the feedback on the Toyo Open Country 215/75R15's.

looking forward to getting mine to replace the stock 205/70R50 bridgestone dueller's

·
Registered
1 Posts
225 70 15

I changed the stock Bridgestone Dueler 205 70 15 to Kumho Road Venturer 225 70 15 yesterday. No problems with installation and they are more comfortable (I dropped tire air pressure by 1Lb/psi). No idea about off road performance or mpg yet. I do around 10% offroad miles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey Toyo is my vote...glad you chose this tire...how much were they?
would love to see a photo of it on your jimny.

i put a 255/60/15 Cooper Cobras on mine...see my photo...:D
did u lift your jimny for this size of tyres???pls help even am thinking of changing my default tyres.i love ya jimny looks.i would love to have those!! ARAFATH -DUBAI

·
Registered
2 Posts
dear frens should i lift my suspension if i replace my jimny09 from 215/75/15 tyre to 255/60/15???PLS ADVICE ASAP!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got my 2019 jimny and thinking of changing my tires to 225 70 R15. Thinking of using Cooper Discovery AT3. Present tires are 195 80 R15. Would there be a big weight difference between the two tires and would cause problems with the joints in the future? Thanks in advance for your replies.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts