Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2021 Vitara SZ4 and am about to change the standard CD radio for a Bosch infotainment unit with sat nav. The unit comes with a reversing camera to be mounted above the number plate. Does anyone know if there is wiring or a connector in the tailgate for the camera to be connected to.

·
Super Moderator
15,733 Posts
I would suggest you plan on running new wiring, the chances of the OEM cabling, if it is there, matching an aftermarket camera are not very high.

Most aftermarket systems, at least those I've seen, use an RCA jack for the camera video, most OEM (again, those I've seen) don't.

By the way - are we dealing with a 2012 or a 2021 Vitara here? Your thread title says 2021, the post says 2012.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would suggest you plan on running new wiring, the chances of the OEM cabling, if it is there, matching an aftermarket camera are not very high.

Most aftermarket systems, at least those I've seen, use an RCA jack for the camera video, most OEM (again, those I've seen) don't.

By the way - are we dealing with a 2012 or a 2021 Vitara here? Your thread title says 2021, the post says 2012.
Thanks for the quick reply. Both the satnav unit and the camera are OEM removed from a 2019 vehicle being scrapped. I have had a quick look inside the tailgate and cannot find a connector for the camera at the moment unless its hidden somewhere.

Its a 2021 Vitara..

·
Super Moderator
15,733 Posts
Both the satnav unit and the camera are OEM removed from a 2019 vehicle being scrapped
Does this mean OEM from a 2019 Suzuki Vitara? A different Suzuki vehicle? A different vehicle altogether?

Each of those options reduces the chances of the connectors matching, and the fact that it's OEM for some vehicle actually makes the option of running new wiring more challenging - how/where do you source the appropriate cabling & connectors.

Good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does this mean OEM from a 2019 Suzuki Vitara? A different Suzuki vehicle? A different vehicle altogether?

Each of those options reduces the chances of the connectors matching, and the fact that it's OEM for some vehicle actually makes the option of running new wiring more challenging - how/where do you source the appropriate cabling & connectors.

Good luck.
Yes removed from a 2019 Vitara (SZT or SZ5) to be fitted in a 2021 Vitara SZ4.The dealer said the head unit will fit and the connections are the same on the unit I am taking out. They are unsure about the camera, it will fit in the tailgate as there is a blanking plate but they do not know if the wiring for the camera is in place. Will only find out when I remove the head unit.

·
Registered
2015 Vitara SZ-T
47 Posts
My guess, unfortunately, is probably not.
They don't even have the speaker loom to plug the tweeters in on my SZT even though they are standard fit on SZ5 and S models.
Get the cable for the camera from the scrapper o
If you can.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Brave man tinkering with a brand new car. Did the dealer mention your warranty at all ? Mine refused to fit a dashcam as they claimed it would make future warranty claims difficult.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Brave man tinkering with a brand new car. Did the dealer mention your warranty at all ? Mine refused to fit a dashcam as they claimed it would make future warranty claims difficult.
The dealer was happy as it was a straight swap for the head unit. They are even prepared to fit aftermarket reversing sensors for me (at a cost) if there is no provision for a camera.

·
Registered
435 Posts
The dealer was happy as it was a straight swap for the head unit. They are even prepared to fit aftermarket reversing sensors for me (at a cost) if there is no provision for a camera.
Good result. Where is your dealer ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Some good news is that AutoShopp in India will supply the correct wiring if the connections are not there. The bad news is that I will have to feed it through the car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Found the green camera connection plug behind the old radio unit. Need to look for the other end inside the tailgate!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts