Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I‘ve slightly kerbed one of the alloys on my 2020 Vitara and it’s small enough for me to be able to touch it up myself.

However I’ve had real trouble finding the right paint code for them. Suzuki apparently don’t know themselves (hmmm…!) and the likes of Supercheap Auto/Autobarn etc over here in Oz haven’t got any off the shelf colour matches. It’s all just various silvers.

Does anyone on here know the paint code for these wheels please? Or if not have you found an exact match elsewhere for the grey?

Thanks a lot!

Alex

·
Registered
9,626 Posts
Suzuki should be able to look at the service manual and get the paint code for the trim details from there. Its in the bodywork/ trim section in most cases. Suzuki are a pain like that. They never list the trim colour options in a sensible place

Main body colour is on the under bonnet label which is no use to you in this case. Its going to be a powder coat colour, not a paint colour probably.

You could go to a decent panel and paint shop and get them to mix a touch up bottle for you, super dear etc are useless for paint matches unless its a factory colour they decide to stock. I have a great local panel beater that can optically scan the item and produce a nice wee pot of paint for $30 to 50 depending on how much you need. The std touch up stone chip ones with the inbuilt brush are $20 from him and they match perfectly

Go hassle your panel beater

·
Registered
435 Posts
Have you tried T Cut just in case most of the damage is actually residue from the kerb ? Might help lessen the visual impact.

Annoyingly, I caught on of the alloys on my MX-5 last week and it’s bugging the heck out of me.

·
Super Moderator
15,756 Posts
That's a good idea - my daughter got bumped the other day going through a roundabout and a lot of what appeared to be scraped/gouged power coat on her rim turned out to be melted plastic - the spokes on her rim sliced holes in the other car's front bumper - I was able to peel quite a bit of it away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts