Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst these are images of the Indian Maruti Ignis, perhaps this is coming our way too?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
While the front's a logical step the back makes it look worse than nowadays. They've removed the black "bumper" but left the reflectors as they were - they have no geometric relationship with the new centre section. Round ones more like the front would have looked better.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Looks like a backward step to me. The front of the current car is already very good and I suppose there's not much that can be done with the rear view - it is what it is. Some interior improvements would be nice though.

·
Registered
299 Posts
How about more than one interior light, variable speed intermittent wipers (or auto wipers) and a bit more bash protection for AllGrips?!

That grille is very clearly Jeep inspired.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Most of the commentators seemed to say that the rear end currently was an oversight or some such bashing. I think the new look rear end is a sideways step. I do like Jeep fronts but the front as is reminds me of a Range Rover.
So all told I would not rush out to upgrade unless they offered the combo want.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The update looks mean and moody from the front, which goes against the character of the car . I prefer the current "happy" face.

·
Registered
431 Posts
OK who is going to rush out and buy one?? It is what peeps did with the new Jimny............................. where they could get one!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
well at least you got reflectors jejeje, over here in the mexican market, the back bumper is all black without reflectors, it does come with the silhouette as if you want to remove those parts and put some aftermarket reflectors or led lights

also when I was looking at different ignises from a japanese site, i spotted that they have keyless ignition and there´s a model that is hybrid 28 km/l sucks that they didn´t offer those options here :( but oh well, one can dream

·
Registered
431 Posts
also when I was looking at different ignises from a japanese site, i spotted that they have keyless ignition
Personally I dislike the keyless ignition and would love mine to be made for a key. It was again a nuisance today telling me it wasn't happy. I am getting to the stage where I am going to remove the battery while not in use.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I’ve got used to it now. It’s an awful lot better than our utterly random Subaru immobiliser system that frequently set off the alarm or just wouldn’t start. Or locked random doors!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Further details are coming out - this time the info is more about the interior upgrades.

Suzuki has applied a number of updates to the Ignis city car in Japan for the 2020 model year.

The most important is the addition of the new Hybrid MF grade which features SUV-inspired design elements including the more rugged-looking bumpers with skid plate-style silver inserts, plastic cladding around the wheel arches, plastic side skirts and roof rails.

Note that the new bumpers are only on the upper spec cars - the others retain the current bumpers:

A new body color called Tough Khaki Pearl Metallic is also introduced in combination with a black roof. Since the Ignis Hybrid MF is said to target users with active lifestyles, Suzuki has also added a more resistant, easier to clean luggage floor. Another distinctive feature of the new trim level is the “leather-like” material for the seat covers combined with khaki and gunmetal accent colors.

Nice seats!:

All 2020 Suzuki Ignis models also feature fresh upholstery designs, new instrument panel, as well as body color-matching accents on the center console and door handles. The base Hybrid MG model gets an all-black cabin, though.

... and significantly:

A 4WD system is optional on all grades.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts